85

Errazuriz Estate Chardonnay 2009

Еразуриз Шардоне 2009

Quick rate: Barely drinkableAverage (Insignificant)GoodVery goodAstonishing
Opinions: 1   Your rating: -
Other rating(s) Bacchus: -
 DiVino: -
Producer:
Errazuriz
Country:
Chile (Чили) 
Vintage:
2009
Other vintages: 
2008 [92]
Variety:
Chardonnay (Шардоне)
€ 9.20  
Added by sharko
05 Apr 2010

Winemaker's notes:

La Escultura Estate is a vineyard located just 32 km (20 mi) from the Pacific Ocean in the Casablanca Valley, which benefits from a coastal influence that moderates temperatures throughout the year. Cool maritime breezes allow a long and gentle ripening period that encourages the development of grape aromas and flavours and ensures very good acidity levels. This condition makes the valley a privileged place for producing cool climate varietals such as Chardonnay. The vineyard was planted between 1992 and 1994 on granitic soils with low to medium vigour potential. The vines are vertically positioned, and the vineyard is drip irrigated.
The Casablanca Valley presented a very warm 2008–2009 season. Our La Escultura vineyard registered a mean temperature of 20.8єC (69.4єF) in January, significantly higher than that registered in past seasons (19.є1C / 66.4єF in 2008 and 18.9єC / 66єF in 2007) as well as a heat summation of 1,613 degree days, more than 100 degree days higher than the historic average of 1,469 degree days. No frosts were registered in the area, and this, along with good budbreak, fruit set, and bunch sizes explain the higher yields obtained. It was a demanding year, as it required numerous shoot removals and crop thinnings to ensure quality. Covered canopies and a non-restrictive water management program were necessary in order to deal with a warmer-than-average year.
We harvested the fruit for our Chardonnay Estate from 24th of March to the 10th of April. Upon arrival at the cellar, 70% of the grapes were whole cluster pressed, and the rest were destemmed and gently crushed. Vinification took place with clean musts, and the different lots were separated according to their specific characteristics. 94% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks, while the remaining 6% fermented in French oak barrels. This wine accomplished a 11% of malolactic fermentation.
The 2009 release of our Chardonnay has a beautiful golden yellow color and an aromatic profile that blends notes of ripe fruit such as cherimoya and quince with a bit of toast. There’s a good balance between the ripeness of the fruit and the oak components, while a bit of malolactic fermentation lends complexity and a lush and silky mouthfeel. This is a classic yet fresh and zesty wine with a long, elegant finish.

100% Chardonnay
Casablanca Valley
13.5% by vol.
3.34
6.0 g/l (tartaric acid)
1.98 g/l


[Blog it]

Register with us and you will also be able to add this wine to your Wine Journal, Cellar, Wish List and Favourites. Go ahead - sign up.
Where to buy it
How to drink it
Food: Artichokes, Chicken, Cold Meats, Crab, Lobster, Nuts, Olives, Other White Fish, Oysters (Raw), Pasta with Cream Sauce, Pasta with Shellfish, Quiche, Red Snapper, Scallops, Shrimp, Striped Bass, Tuna, Turkey, Veal
Cheese: Gruyere, Mild Cheddar, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Provolone
Temperature: 12 °C
Nice Legs
From the Reading Room
The ruvilets of wine that roll down the inside of the glass after a wine has been swirled are called legs in UK and USA. The Spanish call them tears; the Germans - church windows. Some wine drinkers look for great legs, falsely believing that nicely shaped legs )and who knows what that means) ...
Comments & Ratings
1iliamarkov
18 Apr 2010
85
Свежо и леко шардоне от Чили. Свеж балансиран нос с флорални и плодови елементи. Леко стипчия, но също свеж, вкус. Отлична комбинация за риба и пиле.